Thursday, August 13, 2009

Another Salsa Blog?

Believe it or not, there aren't many more out there, at least that I know of, and definitely not for the Emerald City. I was shocked to find that "Seattle Salsa" has not been taken by anyone yet. (SalsaSeattle.blogspot.com has, but I didn't find much on there...) Once I figured this out, I had no reason not to jump at the opportunity. Besides, I've been getting complaints from the people reading my personal blog that there's too much Salsa talk on there. From my Salsa friends, on the other hand, I've heard numerous requests to write more about this infectious activity.

After browsing through several dance studio and venue websites, I've been able to find three or four calendars listing Salsa venues and Events. All of them were last updated around 2007 and listed wrong prices, wrong nights, or venues that no longer exist. All of them were also naturally slightly biased towards one place or another. Since I own no venues or studios, have no part in any performance groups, and haven't developed worship-like admiration for any teachers, I can safely say that I can stay relatively objective. I know that as a hundreths attempt to do this, my arguments probably doesnt sound too convincing. But as a recent beginner in Seattle (I started dancing in February), I remember the hard time I was having finding up-to-date information on where to dance, what to wear, how to act, and whom to meet. So I'll try to make this process smoother for newcomers. And maybe add a couple laughs while I'm at it.

Happy Dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment