Friday, December 4, 2009

Salsa and Soccer

So the answer to a question posed to me on several occasions now, that I couldn't quite procure before, came to me suddenly today while I was browsing some Salsa videos on google. The question was "Why don't you like it when guys use their feet/legs to lead a girl into a move?" Many a time while sharing the most miscellaneous thoughts about leads with leads I had to bring up this dislike. But I could never really figure out a reason why. Well today it came screaming at me loud and clear!

One of the comments under a Salsa video with lots of foot leading read "The guy was playing soccer wit her!" Which is exactly how some of us girls feel when we are "lead" in such a way!!! We feel like a soccer ball. And it's not a good feeling. A soccer ball is kicked, passed around, and rolled on the ground. No girl EVER wants to feel like that! Granted my opinion might change as I learn how to do more advanced moves or simply get used to the idea that it's appropriate to lead this way on the floor. But for now, I would like to never be lead like this, and the answer to WHY i feel this way feels extremely good to finally find!

No comments:

Post a Comment